Friday, June 11, 2010

Residence Life with Summer Scholars

Having the chance to be in Summer Scholars was a great opportunity in my life. In this program we were able to do many different activities that deal with teamwork and leadership. Also we had the chance to take a college course, but overall the purpose of this program was that we were able to experience college life. From Summer Scholars I was able to live with people I did not know and got the chance to meet new friends. I was even able to interact with resident tutor advisors and ask them any questions about college. Doing this program, I feel that I have improved my life and getting ready for college.


One of the many activities involving interacting with people was to live together. I had to reside in a dorm with three other people and we all had to share bathrooms and sinks. Going through this process of living together means communication and helping each other. We all shared different items and supplies if one person does not have it and also we helped each other with homework. Living together in dorms shows how people can act with one another and I was very comfortable with my roommates. We acted like a family.


Doing Summer Scholars also revealed to me that a person can have the chance to meet older friends and talk to people older than myself. I was able to talk to my resident tutor advisors about different subjects involving going through college to regular life problems. Once I was able to get to know more about my RAs I got to be more comfortable with them. From my experience I found out how my classes were and that some of the RAs know some of my own family. So overall going through this program I was able to meet many funny and kind people.

No comments:

Post a Comment