Wednesday, June 23, 2010

#5 Personal Statement

A famous Nike quote once said, “Greatness is earned, never awarded.” Reading this quote made me understand that in order for a person to do something, they have to go out and achieve it. In order for me to get a full-ride scholarship to my college, I have to go and work hard to receive one. I want to get a scholarship because I want it to pay for any college and help me become a physical therapist. Scholarship donors should invest in me because I will succeed in the physical therapist field and in the long term help people from my education.

The first thing students’ think of about a scholarship is money. Money is the first basic priority for any college and many students would want to get free cash. When I think of a scholarship, I also think of the same thing, but I want the money for a good reason. I do not want it just because it’s free, but because I know I will use the money to help myself, family, and my community. Getting a scholarship will save so much money for my family and it will help me further my education to become a physical therapist.

A scholarship will pay for my school and help me in my physical therapist career. I want to become a physical therapist because I want a job that can pay for my living, but also I want to be able to help people from my knowledge. Getting into this health career will enable me to provide treatment to a person’s movement and function throughout their life. Being able to communicate with a patient and then fixing their problem is a job that I want to do every day. At the end of the day I just want a feeling that I have done something to help my community.

The scholarship donors should invest in me because they can trust me with their money. I will do the right thing and I will use it through my education in the correct way. I plan to be successful in the physical therapy field. The scholarship donors should know that once my education is fulfilled, I will give back to the community and help other people because of their help through my schooling.

Furthermore, I plan to become a physical therapist and use this education to assist people. I want the scholarship donors to be able to trust me and know that getting a scholarship is very beneficial to a person’s life. These scholarships will help me pay for my college, help me be in any career, and overall give me a good future. Just like the Nike quote said, “Greatness is earned, never awarded.” I still have to work hard for what I want and do whatever it takes to succeed in my goals and dreams.


No comments:

Post a Comment